Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mixed Drink: Ginger Lemon Summer Day:


A long time ago, my mom bought Lemoncello thinking it would be a nice drink, but when she got it, it was like drinking lemon pledge.   I’ve looked all over the internet trying to find a simple recipe that used it, and I just wasn’t really feeling the recipes.  So, I took it into my own hands to create my very own.  I didn’t really know what to call it, so I pulled from every which way.  Ginger, from the ginger ale, Lemon from the lemoncello, and summer day from the day I decided to make it. 

Ingredients:
1 oz Vodka 
2 oz Lemoncello
10 oz Ginger Ale 
1 tbsp Confectioner Sugar 
A splash of Grenadine.


Directions:
Add the vodka, lemoncello, and confectioner sugar to a glass full of ice.  Stir together until the sugar is dissolved.   (You can use a shaker if you please.)  Then top it off with the ginger ale.  Add a splash of grenadine and there you have it, Ginger Lemon Summer Day.  

Without Grenadine
With Grenadine
The grenadine is optional, but I feel it adds a sweeter push, and I didn’t use a full table spoon of confectioner sugar. 
Also, lemoncello is very,VERY, lemony.  I have also made this drink with just one oz of lemoncello, and it’s still delicious. 

Enjoy! 

If you make this tell me!  I’d like to know if it’s not just me who likes it. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment