Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Recipe: Baci Di Dama Cookies:


About two months ago now, I went to Wegmans and spotted little green cookies that looked so delicious I had to buy them.  When I tasted them, I liked them so much, I decided to look up what kind of cookies they were and how to make them.  I then wrote down the how to and now  I have finally made them. 
I did go against the rules a little bit because I used chopped hazelnuts from a package instead of getting hazelnuts that I had to prepare myself and  I used chocolate chips instead of chopped up chocolate squares because I already had some in the house. 
Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup Toasted Hazelnuts 
1 cup Rice Flour 
3 ½ oz Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature 
½ cup Sugar
2 oz Bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate 
A Pinch of Salt


Directions:

Pulse hazelnuts until very fine then transfer them into a bowl. 


Add the Rice Flour.


Cut the butter up into pieces then add it to the mix along with the sugar and salt. 


Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until it stay together and is smooth. 


Divide the dough into three equal parts. 


Roll them out until they’re 2cm.  (I kind of just guessed at this part...I'm not very good at measurements.) 


Chill the dough until they’re firm.  I put them in the freezer and they were firm 15 minutes later. 
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Take the chilled logs out one by one and cut equal sized pieces and roll them into marble sized balls.


Bake them for 10 to 14 minutes or until they are a light gold brown color.


Match up the cookie sizes as much as possible.


While they’re cooling take the 2 oz of chocolate and put it over simmering heat.  


When it’s fully melted take a small about and spread it onto the cookies. 



Now enjoy them!
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment