Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flower by Drew Barrymore:

The powdered foundation is PPL
A little while ago, while on my normal run to wal*mart, I walked pass a display in the make-up section called Flower.  I decided to take a look, and I was drawn to this little rectangle, and found out that it was powder foundation.  I have never used powder foundation.  I have used powder, but it has never been full coverage.  I decided to buy.  The first time I used it, I didn’t really care for it.  I felt like it didn’t cover enough, and I felt like it was too powdery.  A little while later, I tried it again, and I fell in love with it.  (Obviously that can be seen in the picture.)  The packaging is very lovely.  It's a magnet closing instead of a snap, and I was a little weary about that, thinking that it would open in my make-up bag, but it hasn't.  It also likes to pick up my bobby pins, which I don't mind.


Fast forward a few months, and I went back and bought two new items, a lipstick and an eyeliner marker/ mascara combo.  I love the lipstick, but the combo pack, not so much.  I don’t know if I just got a dud or what, but the mascara is dry and barely comes off of the brush. That's a little disappointing because it costs nearly $10.  The mascara also says that its volumizing, but I haven’t noticed a difference (maybe because it’s so dry?)   I don’t know. 

The marker, is great.  I'm not the best at cat eye like eyeliner but I think using this marker makes it a little bit easier.

LS7 So Gladiola 

The only complaints that I have about the lipstick is that it’s a little drying, but that’s so easily fixed, that it’s not worth complaining about, and that it is a smidgebit hard to open, but the more use, the easier it's getting.  It lasts for a really long time.  Even through all of my nervous lip rubbing and biting it has stayed strong.  I love it. 
The brand itself is very pleasing.  They don’t test on animals, and they try to keep the prices as low as the can.  The website itself (flowerbeauty.com) is very aesthetically pleasing.  It flows perfectly and Drew even has a videos showing what she loves, and tips on how to fully expand her line.  I don’t see that from other brands, and in my opinion it shows that she really cares about her line. 

I hope to own more from her line, and when I do, I’ll update.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment