Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Recipe: Fruit Parfait


If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you would know that every Thursday I wrote a small list containing things that I wanted to have, last week I took all of the lists and I went through them and found things that were within my control.  (You can find the full list here)

So, that being said, this week’s recipe is fruit Parfait!  This recipe is really loose and up to you. 
What you need:
Yogurt 
Fruit 
Granola
Whipped Cream (Optional)


Make sure you wash your berries, and then what i did was cut up the strawberries first into slivers, then I cut them in half.  Then get a cup or a bowl, and you're ready to start. 


I used vanilla yogurt, strawberries and blueberries, and chocolate granola.  I layered yogurt, granola, fruit, and then yogurt again.  In the cup I used it was about two scoops of yogurt, a handful of granola, a few scoops of fruit, and then two scoops of yogurt again. 

The measurements are all up to you really. 

I did make a different cup that I didn’t picture that had yogurt, granola, fruit, and then whipped cream that I had made.  (My mom accidentally bought whipping cream instead of half& half.) I didn’t picture it, because it was a little messier looking. 
If you would like to make your own whipped cream all you need to do is buy whipping cream, it comes in a little carton that looks just like milk, add some vanilla and sugar (to taste) and whip it on high for about 2 minutes.  It’s very simple, and you can flavor it however you like.  ( You don’t even have to flavor it, but I suggest that you do.)

What are your favorite fruits to put into parfaits?  Do you always use vanilla yogurt? Or do you like to change it up? 

Let me know!

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment