Monday, June 22, 2015

NYX Matte Setting Spray:




The other day I was casually shopping and I decided to stop at the NYX make-up section.  I've never purchased anything by NYX but I've always wanted to, so I decided on two items, this setting spray is one them. 

Now, I've never used a setting spray before, so I really didn't know if I wanted a matte or dewy finish. I decided on matte because when I think of dewy, I think of sweaty.  I also didn't know if I was wasting my money because I don't use foundation.  But I figured I'd try it out anyways. 

To be honest, I'm not sure what my final verdict is.  I've had it work and I've had it not work.  I carry it around with me when I go out because of it most of the time not working for me.  Maybe it will work for me during other seasons, but in the hot, humid summer, definitely not.  

I like the idea of a setting spray.  I've never really had an issue with my makeup falling off, but my skin does get shinny after a few hours.  I thought that this spray would control that, but I guess I thought wrong.  Hopefully I can make this work when it's not sticky and gross outside. 

Pros: works if I'm not going outside, nice price considering others I have seen, 

Cons: Not for humid weather, 

Am I doing something wrong, or is the humidity too strong? Let me know! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment