Monday, March 9, 2015

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks:


I was watching a few youtube videos the other day and in one of them, a girl was wearing Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick, and I really liked the color, so I decided to go out and get my very own.  That color was #30, and while I was there I decided to pick up #107.   I expected different things from each of the colors.  I expected #107 to be more red than berry, and I expected #30 to be less berry.   When I swatched  #30 it reminded me of “Sugar Plum Fairy” from Wet n’ Wild, but when I swatch them next to each other, “Sugar Plum Fairy” has more purple in it.   With #107, I expected a dark deep red, but I think I got it confused with another color all together. This one is really close to #30, as you can see in the swatches, but #107 leans toward red whereas #30 leans towards purple. 


  I wore #107 when I went shopping last week, and I wore it out to dinner a few nights ago.  Both days it stayed perfectly.  It stayed on even with eating chips & dip and a turkey burger.  I was really surprised, and it’s staying power made me want to run out to the store and buy more.  I haven’t obviously, or else they’d be in this post, but soon, I’ll pick up more spring colors. 
I haven’t gotten the chance to wear #30 out, and I don’t know if it’s the same formula as #107.  As you can see their tubes are different colors and they have different smells.  #107 has a fruity smell to it, and #30 still has a fruity smell but it’s more of a standard cosmetic smell.  It’s hard to describe.  But neither smells stick around. 

#107 on the left, #30 on the right 
I don’t know how much longer I’ll be wearing the darker lipsticks, seeing how spring is coming around, but I can see myself wearing #107 throughout the year, whereas I’ll reserve #30 for the Fall time. 

Which is your favorite?  Let me know!
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment