Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Recipe: Cheesy Sausage Pasta


I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it was supposed to have onions and smoked sausage, but my family isn't big onion fans or smoked meat fans.  So, I decided to go with just regular turkey sausage that I sliced up.  That wasn't the best plan.  The meat kept falling out of it’s casing and it was a little messy.  So, I suggest, if you are like me, that you buy the crumbly kind of meat.   Everything else went great, and this meal was so, so, good!  My family loved it and I plan on making it again.

Ingredients:

1 lb of Turkey Sausage
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 oz Pasta of your choosing (I used a little bit more.)
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 can of Diced Tomatoes
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1-2 cloves of Garlic
1 tsp Salt 
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Colby Jack Cheese

Directions:


In a pan add the 1 tbsp olive oil and sausage.  Cook until lightly brown on medium high heat.  Then add the garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds.



Then add the pasta, chicken broth, tomatoes, heavy cream, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes.


Add half a cup of the Colby jack cheese and mix it into the pot.  Put the rest on top, cover, and let melt.  

Serve and Enjoy!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment