Monday, March 30, 2015

InstaNatural's Lavender Essential Oil Review:


Like I mention last week, I received two bottles, and here is the other scent, Lavender.  (Other post here)  I also used this oil in bath bombs, which I made a few days ago.  And next week you’ll see how well those turned out. 
As you can see in the picture, the bottle is 4oz of 100% pure essential oil.  It also came with a glass dropper instead of like other essential oils you have to shake to get any out.  I love that. A lot of people complained online about the smell, because they thought that it didn't smell like lavender, and I couldn't help thinking that they've never been to a natural soap shop.  The scent is perfect.  Exactly what I was expecting. I've loved essential oils ever since I started going to farmer’s markets.  I always see these shelves full of different soaps and candles, and now I’m finally going to try and make my own!


Lavender essential oil has a few different uses, the biggest being a calming agent.  Put a few drops of lavender oil onto your pillows and the scent will drift you off to sleep. 
Other uses include:  Bee sting/ insect bite, cuts (it will clean them and kill bacteria), eczema. nausea/ motion sickness, dry/ chapped skin, chapped/sunburned lips, nose bleeds (put it on a tissue and wrap it around a small ice chip), hay fever, dandruff, and cold sores. 

If you plan on using essential oil, especially this one, on your skin, you should dilute it with water because it is so pure it can cause irritation, especially on sensitive skin.

I’m planning on making soap and candles sometime in the near future, and I’m going to be using these essential oils.  I’ve always wanted to make my own soap and candles.  It’s a very exciting time for me.   I have all of these new things I want to try and now I have huge bottles of essential oils.  I love it! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment