Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Recipe: Hangover Smoothie

I made this the day after St. Patrick’s Day.  And I really needed it.  A lot of cheap alcohol will do that to you.   This is another smoothie from the website  I  found the sleep smoothie at. 

The ginger is supposed to sooth your stomach, and everything else has the right carbs to make you feel as if you have eaten.   Before every smoothie on this site, they explain what each ingredient adds to the smoothie.  Did it work?  Yes and no.  I did feel as if I had eaten.  I also had a lot more energy than if I hadn’t tried this smoothie.  And I didn’t have a headache for as long.  But my stomach still hurt throughout the day. 

It tastes a little odd.  I could taste everything except for the cranberry pomegranate juice.  (The store didn’t have just plain pomegranate.)   The ginger was a bit strong for me, but I’ll definitely be drinking this every time I get a hangover.   


Ingredients:
1 tsp Freshly Grated Ginger 
1-2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 Banana 
1/2 cup Low-fat Yogurt 
1/2 cup Pomegranate Juice 
Ice Cubes

Directions:


Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend.


Enjoy! 
xx

a

No comments:

Post a Comment