Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Recipe: Sleep Smoothie



It's no secret that I have sleeping problems and I stumbled upon this health site (Superskinnyme) that has all different kinds of recipes, and the one that I'm sharing with you today is their Sleep Smoothie. 

It says on their site that the reason why this smoothie should work is because all of the ingredients contain tryptophan, which is converted into melatonin or serotonin.  I know for a fact that melatonin supplements work on me, but this smoothie did not.  I even doubled the recipe, and nothing happened.   What I can tell you is that this smoothie is delicious. It has a nutty banana taste to it.  I plan on still drinking it, and if it does work for me in the future, I'll be sure to tell you. 

I'm also planning on making some of their other smoothie recipes, so be on the look out for that! 

Ingredients: 
1 cup Almond Milk 
1 Tbsp Almond Butter 
1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds 
1/2 a Banana
1/4 cup Pitted Cherries 
Ice. 


Directions:



Combine the ingredients, blend, and serve. 

Enjoy! 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment