Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Recipe: Cheddar Cheese Puff


I was going to make cookies for this post, but unfortunately I needed unsalted butter and all I have is salted butter.  So, in a small panic,  I started searching all over the internet, and I stumbled upon Cheddar Cheese Puffs.  I had all of the ingredients needed, so I decided to try to make them. 
Ingredients:
1 stick of Butter 
1 cup of Water 
½ tsp salt
1 cup of All-Purpose Flour 
4 Large Eggs 
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp fresh Thyme or Rosemary
Fresh Pepper



Directions:


In a medium sauce pan, add the cup of water, the stick of butter, and the ½ tsp of salt, and bring it to a boil.


Reduce the heat to medium and add in the flour.  Using a wooden, spoon stir rapidly.  The mix will become a dough ball.  Continue stirring for a few minutes. 


Remove the pan from the heat and let the dough cool enough so that the eggs won’t cook as soon as you add them.  Then add in the eggs one by one, folding them in.   The dough should now be creamy. 
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Add in the cheese, rosemary/thyme, and pepper. 


Spoon out a small tablespoon amount into the parchment paper.  (I’m never good at this part…)
Cook them for 10 minutes, and then lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. 

They kind of look the same as the raw ones, but don't worry, I actually put them back into the oven after this pic, because I tried one, and it was still raw. 
They should come out with a lightly golden brown top.

Enjoy!

I think they're really yummy!  They have more of an eggy texture than I was expecting, but I love eggs, so that's okay.  I think I'll enjoy them for breakfast rather than an appetizer snack food. 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment