Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Recipe: Mexican Wedding Cakes:


Monday was Cinco De Mayo, and in celebration, I made Mexican Wedding Cakes.  They were my favorite cookie growing up, and they were very rare around my house.  This was my first time making them by myself, and I think they turned out pretty well! 

Ingredients:
1 cup (two sticks)  Room Temperature Butter
½ cup Powdered Sugar 
¾ cup  Powdered Sugar (For after the cookies are baked)  
¼  teaspoon  Salt 
1 ¾ cup Flour 
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 pinch ground nutmeg 
1 cup pecans**


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 


Combine the butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans to a bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are combined.


Pinch out some of the dough and roll into one inch balls. (I typically make them bigger, just because I’m bad at judging an inch.)


Place on a cookie sheet and pop them into the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. (Or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.)
Let the cookies cool for a few minutes, but make sure you don’t wait too long because they need to be warm for the sugar to stick. 




Roll the cookie in the ¾ cup of powdered sugar and then place on a plate. 

And there you have it! 
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do! 

xx


**Note: I used 1/2 cup of pecans because of my personal tastes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment