Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Recipe: Cherry Waffles


This is another recipe from this ebook.  I wasn’t sure I was going to like them, but turns out I LOVE them!  They’re really filling.  I usually hate making waffles.  There is so much to clean up afterwards, and until I tried this recipe, I had never made waffles before.  This recipe makes six Belgian waffles and I got four or five sheets of waffles on my iron.  I make this recipe all the time now!  The cherry sauce is a little odd, but it adds just the right amount of sweet to it.  It goes so well with the whole wheat waffles. 


Cherry Sauce:
2 cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Honey
2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Lemon Juice

Waffles:
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 large Eggs
2 cups Low-fat Buttermilk
1/2 cup fine Cornmeal
1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Canola Oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt

Directions:



Heat up a waffle maker. 
Put all of the cherry sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and heat up on medium heat.  Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to low and let simmer. 


Next in a bowl combine all of the dry ingredients, mix.  In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients.  Combine the mixes. 


After your waffle iron is ready, add enough mix to cover the surface (all waffle irons are different)  and fully cook. 


Serve the waffles with some cherry sauce on them and enjoy!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment