Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Recipe: Avocado Banana Smoothie

This recipe is one of the recipes in the vegetarian ebook I reviewed here.  This recipe makes one glass that’s around 12 oz.   I put mine into the fridge while I’m cleaning up, because it’s not as cold as I would like it to be, but I’m sure you could put a frozen banana into it or maybe an ice cube.  If you leave it for too long, the green color will become greenish brown.  It’s still find to drink though.   I really like this smoothie,  it’s sweet and creamy.  It also fills me up for a while. 

Ingredients:
1/2 Banana
1/2 Avocado
1 cup Almond Milk
2 Dates
1 Tbsp Grounded Flaxseed
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
A sprinkle of Cinnamon

Directions:


Cut a banana in half, then slice it up.  Put into blended.  Cut an avocado in half, then slice (or cube) it up.  Put into blended.  Cut up the dates, and then add.  I had to cut them up, and even put them through a food processor before my smoothie wasn’t chunky.  My blender isn’t very nice.  Then add the grounded flaxseed, maple syrup, and cinnamon.  After that is all in, add the milk. 


Blend until smooth.

Enjoy!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment