Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Recipe: Penne Meatball Casserole

Another casserole recipe that I found on Pinterest!  It was good, but I would tweak if I make it again. 
More sauce and more cheese.  


Ingredients:
1 Pound Frozen Mini Meatballs, Thawed 
1 Box of Penne Pasta
1 cup Marinara Sauce 
1 cup Ricotta 
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese 
Salt and Pepper 
Basil 

Directions: 
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. 
Cook the pasta, then drain. 
Combine the meatballs and the marinara sauce. Season with salt an pepper to taste. 



Toss the mix with the pasta and then transfer it all to a casserole dish. 


Top with dollops of ricotta and then cover with tin foil. 
Bake for 30 minutes. 


Uncover, top with parmesan cheese, and bake for another 10 minutes. 
Garnish with basil. 

Enjoy! 
xx 

 Notes:
 I would personally add more sauce. Maybe two cups. I used the whole 14 oz jar and it still want enough. 

I'm also not the biggest fan of ricotta so I used it sparingly. 

If you cant find mini meatballs get regular ones, like I did, but maybe cut them in half or in quarters.  It might be a little easier to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment