Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Recipe: Canoli Poke Cake


I have never made a poke cake, much less even heard of one until pinterest.  I decided to make this one because my sister loves Canoli.  I'm not a big fan, but this cake was delicious!  I didn't really expect it.  The topping has a little bit of an odd texture because of the ricotta, but it's not so bad it keeps me away from eating it.  

Ingredients: 
1 box of White Cake Mix, and all of the ingredients on the box (Oil, Eggs, Water) 
1 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese 
1 1/2 cup Mascapone Cheese 
1 tsp Vanilla Extract 
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon, Optional
1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips 
Powdered Sugar for Dusting 


Directions: 

Bake the Cake according to the instructions on the box in a 9x13 inch pan. 

Cover the WHOLE cake with half of the condensed milk, this picture is just showing the holes and some of the condensed milk. 

Allow the cake to cool, and then poke straw sized holes all over the cake. 
Pour half of the condensed milk all over the cake. 
Put the cake in the fridge. 



Combine the ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, and the vanilla extract into a mixing bowl, beat until smooth.  



Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon, mix until combined. 


Add the rest of the condensed milk and mix until combined.  



Once the cake has absorbed all of the milk, spread the topping evenly over cake, top with mini chocolate chips and then dust.  

Allow the cake to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.  

Enjoy! 
xx

*Note: I combined all of my topping ingredients at once, but my sister was string them while I measured them out and added them.  I'm pretty sure the mixing is in steps because the cheese is kind of firm and for it to combine better, it should be softer.  
I also forgot to dust with more powdered sugar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment