Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Recipe: One Pan Beans and Rice



I've been making a lot of food recently and when I stumbled upon this recipe, and it said that it only needed one pan I instantly jumped on it.  I used to love doing the dishes, but now that I'm the one cooking the meal and then I have to clean up, it's just so annoying.
I love, love, love that this only took one pan!  It was amazing.

I wasn't so sure about this dish, but I actually really enjoyed it.  The only thing I would add is a pinch of salt.

Ingredients: 
1 tbsp Oil 
3-4 boneless Chicken Breasts
3/4 cup Rice
2 cup Water 
1 can of Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed 
1 can of Whole Kernel Corn
1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese 
Sour Cream. 

Directions:


Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. 
Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side.  I cut mine up just to have it spread more in the dish.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients minus the cheese.
(There is chicken, but I just didn't get a picture.)


Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. 
Let simmer for 20-25 minutes.  I then took it off of the burner and covered for 10 minutes just to let some of the juice to absorb.



Top with cheese, let melt, and then add the sour cream. 

Enjoy!
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment