Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Instanatural Seaweed Powder:



Last month I received this powder in the mail along with two other instanatural products.  I've decided instead of having a mile long posts that would probably get boring, I'm going to break this up into three posts.  

This seaweed powder is used to detox your body and smooth/soften your skin.



When I opened it up, the smell threw me back a bit. It smells like seaweed. On the amazon reviews some people said it smelled fishy, I don't get that.  I get salty seaweed, like I'm at the ocean.  It's not something that I'm used to smelling, but while using it, the smell wasn't as potent.  I actually felt like I was a the beach. (I was in the bath while using it.)  

There are four recipes provided, but I'm sure there are many different ways you can use this product.  

Cellulite Scrub: 
1/4 cup seaweed powder 
1/4 cup sea salt 
1/4 cup olive oil 
1-2 drops of essential oil (optional) 

Mix the ingredients together until a creamy mixture forms. Before showering massage into skin in a circular upward motion.  Rinse off in shower.  Can be used daily.  

Face Mask: 
2 Tbsp seaweed powder
2 Tbsp honey 
1 Tbsp aloe vera

Combine all of the ingredients until it turns into a paste.  Exfoliate your skin, then apply all over.  Let dry for 15 to 20 minutes.  Rinse with warm water.  Best if used 3 times a week.  



Face Scrub: 
2 Tbsp seaweed powder
2 Tbsp coconut oil 
2-4 Tbsp sea salt 

Mix ingredients in a bowl until a heavy mixture is formed.  Rub all over your face in circular motions.  Rinse with warm water.  

Body Seaweed Wrap: 
1 cup seaweed powder 
warm water 
2 Tbsp olive oil 
1-2 drops essential oils (optional) 

Slowly mix the seaweed powder with the water until a thick paste forms.  Then stir in the olive oil and essential oils.  Apply the mixture to your body in upward strokes.  Once application is complete, wrap your body with plastic wrap then cover yourself with a light sheet or sweatpants/sweatshirts.  This will heat up your body and open up your pores.  Leave the treatment on for 20-30 minutes.  Then rinse with cool water in the shower.  Can be used 1 to 2 times a week.  

I have only used the face mask and face scrub.  Both were really nice.  My skin felt clean and very soft afterwards.  It is a little messy.  I at first used just a normal bowl, but decided to switch to an old plastic container that we never use anymore.  The face mask was very sticky and thick when I first made it, kind of like play-dough, but after I played with it a bit, and added a little bit of water it worked just fine.  The face scrub was perfect. 

I don't think I'll try the other recipes anytime soon.  The last one seems very intense, and I don't know if I can use that much plastic wrap. But if I do, I'll write another post!  

xx 


My two other instanatural products: 
Argan Oil 
Moroccan Rose Water Toner

No comments:

Post a Comment