Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Recipe: Honey Mustard Chicken



Today, I've gone with something a little bit different.  I'm not one for touching raw meat, it grosses me out, and I just really hate it, but I've been getting better at using raw chicken.  The recipe calls for four chicken breasts, but since there are only three of us, we used three.  
I wasn't really sure what  I was expecting from this dish.  I know that I like chicken, and I know that I like honey mustard, and I know that I like cheese,  so I figured why not try it?  It turned out pretty good.  If I remake it, I'll probably use less Dijon mustard.  It wasn't over powering to myself, but to my sister it was a little bit.  

Ingredients: 
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
3/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Lemon Pepper
4 Tbsp Bacon Bits
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375

I went really light with the lemon pepper because I wasn't really sure if I would like it, turns out it's alright.  Haha. 
Season, to taste, the chicken with the lemon pepper.



Combine the Dijon mustard, paprika, lemon juice, and honey.


Pour over the chicken in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes,



Top with the cheese and bacon and put it back into the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Enjoy! 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment