Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Revlon Lipstick Review:



So I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am really safe with lipstick.  I don’t venture out from what I know and love.  I didn’t notice how safe I was about the colors that I pick until I tried to do a “my favorite lip colors” post.  I found out that they’re pretty much all the same color, just by a different brand.  Well not anymore.  I picked up two lipstick colors that I don’t own, a very light pink color and a deep pink color.  Both by Revlon, both from lines that I already know I love. 

Up first is the lip butter.  I have one other lip butter in a nice red shade called 063 Wild Watermelon.  I like to wear this one more in the fall and spring than in the summer or winter.  Now I have a light pink called 080 Strawberry Shortcake.  The reason why I never bought this one is because it’s a light pink.  Looking at the sticker on the bottom, it’s a pale Barbie pink, and looking at the tube it’s a candy pink.  But I decided to try it out, and I am SO GLAD I did.  I love the color.  It’s not too pink and sugary.  It’s perfect for the days where I want some pink without some orange.  I am very happy with my pick, and I will be wearing this a lot.


The next one is a little bit different.  I have another one from the Super Lustrous line and it’s a pink color.  It was my first lipstick, and for a while I didn’t like it and I ignored it, but I picked it up a little while ago, and I loved it. It’s called 423 Pink Velvet.  The one I’m showing you today called 657 Fuchsia Fusion. What I didn’t know when I bought it was that it has blue undertones in it.  I was tickled because I had wanted to try a blue undertone lipstick.   I really like this one, but I’m still a little weary about wearing it at this point in time.

If you’re looking for new lipsticks to try then I suggest trying Revlon’s Lip Butter line or the Super Lustrous line.  I would stay away from the Suede line though.  It’s not a very nice line.  

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment