Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Recipe: Strawberry-banana Bread:



My mom showed me this recipe the other day and originally it was just strawberry bread, but we had an older banana that we needed to get rid of, so we just threw it into the mix.  You could do the same, or you could just keep to the strawberries.  Also, I used self-rising flour so I did not include the salt while I was making it. 

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar 
½  tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
½ tsp baking soda 
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup vegetable oil 
1 ¼ cups mashed strawberries



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8 by 4 inch glass loaf pan with cooking spray.



Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl. 

Mash up the strawberries and banana. 


Lightly beat eggs.


Add the eggs and the oil, then the mashed strawberries and banana.

 Mix them all together to make a light pink mix.


Transfer to the loaf pan and bake for 75 minutes.


I like to heat my slice up and then top with butter, but my sister and mom like to add cream cheese.  Both ways are pretty tasty!
Enjoy!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment