Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Beauty Haul:




The other day I finally got out of the house and went shopping.  Here is what I picked up! 


St. Ives Replenishing Body Lotion Mineral Therapy:
I went out looking for a new lotion just because I’m tired of the one that I’m currently using.  It’s kind of thick, and in the humidity it’s just not comfortable to put on after a shower.  I chose St. Ives because it said that it was fast absorbing and non-greasy.  Also because I thought it smelled nice, and I haven’t tried St. Ives in years. 
First impressions of this lotion are that it is what it says.  It does absorb quickly.  I put it on and it’s gone in seconds.  Also, no grease!   It has a very clean smell to it.  When I use it, it reminds me of the blue Dial soap.   If you don’t know what that smells like, the best way I can describe it is general soap smell.  Not too much perfume, but a hint of something.  I love it. 


Simple Soothing Facial Toner
Both of the Simple products that I bought were on sale.  I wasn’t looking for new face products, but I’m a sucker for a sale.  Haha.  I don’t use toners often.  I think the last time I used a toner I was a teenager.  But I decided to give this one a try.  I’ve been using it for three days or so, I don’t really know exactly what it’s supposed to do, but on the back it say that it “leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed.”  I do feel that my skin is cleaner than before I use it.  So I guess it’s doing its job. 
What I like about the Simple brand is that it’s for sensitive skin, and I’ve always been told, that even if your skin isn’t sensitive you should treat it that way.
Simple Revitalizing Eye roll-on:
With my sleeping schedule, if I want to do anything like go to the store or hang out with friends, then I’m most likely going to be awake for 24 hours or more.  I know that’s not the best health wise, but I currently don’t have a way to hold a normal sleeping schedule (i.e. a job.)  So as the day goes on my eyes get tired, and the feel all puffy.  I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.  So, I bought this on a whim (and because of a sale).  I used it this yesterday morning before I went to sleep, and it really did make my eyes feel less tired.   I’ll continue my use, and tell you if it works consistently. 


Sensodyne Full Protection+ Whitening Toothpaste:
So at my six month check up at the dentist I was given a sample of Sensodyne toothpaste, and I actually used it, instead of letting it sit in my cabinet, and I actually liked it.  I decided to go out and buy a bigger tube.  What I like about Sensodyne is that it’s for sensitive teeth, and it helps improve sensitivity.  I have really sensitive teeth.  I was also blessed with very weak teeth. (I guess that’s what I’ll call them.) 
When I was younger I always got cavities.  No matter what I did.  Now that I’m older, it’s a little better.  I haven’t had a cavity in over a year and a half, maybe even two.    I’ve used Sensodyne before, and I can’t really recall why I stopped… Probably because I got bored.  So now I’ve decided to go back. 

Have you used any of these products?  
Did you love or hate them? 
Let me know! 

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment