Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mixed Drink: Hammer Horror


When it’s really hot outside, my favorite thing to do is sit down with a bowl of really good vanilla ice-cream.  I’m pretty boring when it comes to ice cream, so I’m vanilla all the way.   Recently  I decided  why not find a drink that involves vanilla ice-cream?  I looked through a cocktail book that we own and when I saw this recipe, I instantly wanted to make it.  


Ingredients: 
1 ½ Tbsp Vodka 
1 ½ Tbsp Kahlua
4 Tbsp Vanilla Ice Cream 
Cracked Ice 
Chocolate Powder

Directions: 
Crush up some ice, so that it's not completely solid, but not into a fine powder.  
Add in the Vodka, Kahlua, and ice cream. 
Blend it all together to a milkshake consistency. 
Strain into a martini glass and serve instantly. 




This drink is the perfect amount of cold from the ice cream and the ice and it tastes just like a chocolate milkshake.  It was so good!   I couldn't taste the alcohol at all.  I'll definitely be making this one again.  

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment