Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Recipe: Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake



I found this recipe on Pinterest and I just had to make it.  I love anything with pasta and cheese, and this dish did not disappoint! 
Originally the recipe said to only use 10 oz of dry pasta, but I decided to double it after cooking the 10 oz and feeling like it wasn’t enough.  I left everything the same and it worked out perfectly.  
I will definitely be making this again. 

Ingredients:
2 cups of Dry Farfalle Pasta
2 tbsp Butter
½ Onion, chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
4 oz of Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 cup Whole Milk
½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
1-1 ½ cups Chopped Fresh Spinach
2 cups Cooked Chicken, cubed or shredded
½ cup Fresh Grape Tomatoes, chopped in half
Fresh Parsley


Directions:
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
Cook the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a medium sauté pan.  Add in the onion and garlic.  Cook for 3 to 4 minutes but do NOT brown them.


Add in the cream cheese and stir to melt it. 


Reduce the heat to low, and add in the sour cream.



Add the milk, salt, and pepper.


Add 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.


Add the parmesan cheese.


Make sure everything is well combined and melted.  Turn off the heat.



Combine the pasta, chicken, spinach, and tomatoes to a large bowl. 



Add the sauce and gently stir.


Coat a baking dish with cooking spray, and pour in the pasta mix.  If it looks a little dry, add a little bit more milk. 
Top the dish with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and beginning to brown.
Top with parsley and serve!

Enjoy!

xx

**I don't have a completed picture because I was just so hungry after it was done, I forgot.  But I can tell you this dish was AMAZING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment