Monday, November 11, 2013

L.A Colors

The other day I was flipping through one of my mom’s magazines, and I came across an ad for a make-up brand that I have never heard of called L.A. Colors.  The colors looked really vibrant and pretty, and then I found out that they’re cheaper than drugstore brands.  To be honest the cheapness kind of put me off because I have never had good luck with cheaper make-up.  The pigmentation is always off, and it never stays on.  But my curiosity took the best of me, and I looked up some reviews on the internet which persuaded me to go into town and buy some of my own.  I picked out two palettes, a blush, and mascara.  
Sorry the titles are so small


 The eyeshadows are so pigmented, but make sure your eye lids have no oil on them or you’re using a primer, because I had a creasing issue when I had more oil on my eyes.  Other than that L.A. Colors eyeshadows are AMAZING.  They have some very bright colors to very neutral colors. The palettes that I chose are pretty safe colors, their names are “Wine and Roses” and “Tea Time.”  I plan on going back and buying more, eventually, maybe even daring to get the brighter colors. 
 
I only chose one blush and one tube of mascara.  The blush is called “Blushing Pink,” and it’s very nice, it’s long lasting, but you have to be very careful on how much is on the brush, because it will stay at that consistency.  The mascara on the other hand is a little off.  It says that it has double the volume, but I did not get that.  It was also very clumpy.  I might try a different kind, because they have a few types, but I’m not running to the store to get it. 
 
So, if you're trying to save money, then see if you have a store near you that carries L.A. Colors.   The only down side is that the cases are very difficult to open.  I struggle each time, but things could be worse.  
The palettes cost $1.50 each, the blush cost $2, and the mascara cost $2. 
 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment