Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Homemade Bath Bombs!

A little while ago, I tried to make bath bombs and I failed miserably.  I think it was a combination of the humidity and because I didn’t slowly add in the liquid to the dry mix.  So, here I am again with a whole different recipe and different essential oils. 

This time they turned out GREAT!  I was so happy when I went to get them out of the molds and they were perfect, well, kind of.  I had a hard time with the flower mold, but just because they’re not exactly pretty, doesn’t mean that they’re failures.  I can’t wait to make more with the essential oils I have from before.  It’s so exciting! 

Ingredients:
2 cups Baking Soda
1 cup Citric Acid
1 cup Cornstarch
3 tsp Almond Oil 
1 tsp of Essential Oils
Food coloring.
Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.

Directions:


Add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.  (For this to show up well, I had to make the picture darker.) 


Combine the almond oil and the essential oils in a separate dish. (This picture would just look like water in a bowl, that is why there isn't one.) 
Slowly add the oils to the dry ingredients, mixing as you go. 
Add in the food coloring while mixing. (For the first batch, I tried adding the food coloring to the oil, which didn't work out well.  It didn't mix.  So, don't try that.)
Spray the mix with the rubbing alcohol a few times, until the mix looks like damp sand. 



Press the mixture into the mold of your choosing
Lightly mix the top of the bomb with alcohol, then let dry.


I had little bit of trouble with the blue flowers, but eventually they did dry out and I have a total of 12 bath bombs.  

The flowers are mint and the hearts are lavender.  The smell amazingly and work perfectly!  
I love them. 

xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment