Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Recipe: Speedy Paella



I'm always on the look out for a good quick recipe, and this recipe is just that!  This is one from a magazine called Skinny One-Dish by Better Homes and Gardens.  It was really easy to make, and really fast.  I used frozen scallops, and fresh (already cooked) shrimp.  
I didn't know what to expect.  I've never had paella, and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, turns out I do! My only problem with the dish is the rice, I'm not a fan of frozen rice.  So, next time, even though it will take longer, I'll be preparing the rice and vegetables fresh.  


Ingredient: 
8 oz Fresh or Frozen Sea Scallops 
8 oz Fresh or Frozen Cooked Peeled and Deveined Shrimp 
1 10oz Package Froze Long Grain White Rice with Vegetables 
1 tbsp Canola Oil 
1 1/2 cup Coarsely Chopped Roma Tomatoes (4 Medium) 
1/2 to 1 tsp Ground Turmeric 

Directions: 
Thaw scallops and shrimp.  Rinse scallops and shrimp, and pat dry with a paper towel.  
Prepare rice according to the directions on the package. 
Meanwhile, heat up the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. 


Once the skillet is hot, add the scallops, cook them for about three minutes, or until they're opaque. 

Roughly chop the tomatoes. 


Add the shrimp and tomatoes. Heat through. 


Transfer the hot rice to a bowl, and mix in the turmeric. 


Add the seafood mix, and toss with the rice.  
Season to taste with salt and pepper.  
Serve immediately. 

Enjoy! 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment