Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Recipe: Mushroom Florentine



I wasn't really sure if I was going to like this dish.  I'm not sure as to why, seeing how I like pretty much everything on the list below, but who knows.  All I know is that I loved this dish, and it was super easy to make, even though I did use too much chicken broth.  I will absolutely be making this dish again! 

Ingredients: 
8 oz Linguine Pasta
3 tbsp All Purpose Flour 
3 tbsp Olive Oil 
1 cup Chicken Broth 
1 cup Whole Milk 
1/2 tsp Salt 
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms 
3 oz Shredded Gouda Cheese 
2 Garlic Cloves, minced 
2 cups Baby Spinach 

Directions: 
Cook the pasta. 
Whisk together the flour, chicken broth, salt and pepper, then set aside.


Wile the pasta cooks in a large skillet heat up the olive oil over medium heat.  When the oil begins to ripple add in the mushrooms. 
Saute for six minutes. 
Add in the garlic and saute for another two minutes.


Whisk in the the other mixture into the mushrooms, and bring to a simmer. 
Stir occasionally unto the mix thickens.  (2 to 4 minutes)


Add in the shredded cheese and stir until everything is melted.



Mix in the spinach and the pasta, make sure everything is covered in the sauce and then serve. 

Enjoy! 
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment