Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Recipe: Chocolate Cream Pie


Does this count as a recipe if it all came from a box?  I’m going to. 
Over the weekend, while out shopping, I stumbled upon this little box.  (Literally, it was in the middle of the aisle. Not alone, but you get it.)  It looked really good, so I bought it.  I thought that it was going to be easy, and I guess it is vs. making it from scratch, but for someone who has never made a pie before, it was a little tricky.  (Mostly getting the whip right.) 


This box came with everything you need except for butter and water. 


The first thing you’re told to do is melt the 5 tablespoons and mix in the crust mix.  But to save a tablespoon to sprinkle on top after you are done. 


The next step is to make the chocolate filling.  Add 1 cup of the evaporated milk, 1 cup water, and the filling mix.


The third step is to make the cream topping, which I found to be the hardest.  (I didn’t want to use the electric mixer.)  This mix is the rest of the evaporated milk, 1/3 cup water, and the provided mix.



Layer it all up, add the crumbles, and there you have it.  Chocolate Cream Pie.  Btw, I had to use a cake pan because I didn't know that we had a pie holder.  Then I found out we did after I was half way through.  (Oops.) 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment