Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Recipe: Longhorn Steakhouse Bourbon Salmon Dupe


As you know, I absolutely LOVE  Longhorn!  I've found two other dupes from Longhorn, and this is my third.  My mom order the salmon one night, I tried it, and I absolutely love it!!  I'm really thinking about changing my usual to this dish.  It was so sweet and savory I just fell in love after one bite!  It's so good!

I found this dupe on Pinterest

Ingredients:
 2 8oz  Salmon Fillets 
2 tsp Chopped Chives 
1 cup Bourbon 
1/4 cup Pineapple Juice 
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce 
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar 
1/4 tsp Black Pepper 
1/4 tsp Salt 
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder 
1/2 cup Olive Oil 

Directions: 

Combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar,  bourbon, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, into a bowl.  
Stir to dissolve the sugar.



Add the oil.
Remove the skin on the fish.


Put the fillets into a baking dish, and add the marinade on top. 
Let sit for an hour, or longer.  The longer the fillets sit, the more they will absorb the marinade.   


After an hour or so, the fillets are ready for either the grill or stove top.   I decided to use the stove.


 So, over medium heat, cook the fillets for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the fillet is fully cooked.  Brush the marinade over the fillets as they cook.


Then serve. 
Enjoy!!
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment