Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Five products that make me happy:

A few weeks ago, I made this post about 5 products that made me sad, now I’m here to talk about five products that make me happy and I will be, or all ready have,  repurchasing.  

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer: In the past three months or so, I finally knuckled down and started to moisturize my face.  It’s still not spot on, but I’m a lot better at it than say six months ago.  I have a few different brands of moisturizer, including the Murad Age Defying and the Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone, but my go to everyday grab is Neutrogena oil-free moisture.  It’s quick, easy, and has a drugstore price.  

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Chapstick: I got this chapstick at the beginning of fall and I have since fallen in love with it.  I usually go for the medicated chapstick by Chapstick, but I saw that Baby Lips had a tinted medicated line, and I really like the peach tinted one.  Unfortunately, when I went to buy some the store was out of peach so I settled with the clear tube.  In the ad it says that your lips feel better within an hour, and your lips are perfectly hydrated after a week or so of proper application.  When you apply it, there is a greasy residue, but it eventually absorbs into your lips and they feel smooth.   Since it is winter, my lips got really chapped about two weeks ago, and I used this chapstick religiously, and I didn’t notice a difference.   It seems to only work really well on semi-chapped lips.  But, I love that it comes in tints, and it does restore your lips.  Hopefully when I run out the tint that I want will be at the store. 
Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Lotion: When I first bought this product, I was interested in the calming effect it says it has.  On the back it says “soothes your senses.”  I’ve never had it soothe anything but my dry skin.  Aveeno is one of my favorite lines of skin repair, they never disappoint me.  This is actually my second tube.  It smells amazing; lavender is in my top three favorite scents. 
Yankee Candle Sugared Apple: In December there was a sale at Yankee Candle, and I found this candle, and fell in love.  It’s a very sweet scent.  It’s also one of those candles that even when you’re not burning it, you can still sometimes smell it.   I love this candle so much, that I’ve bought two more jars. Unfortunately they’re seasonal, and I don’t know if they will be returning.  

Elizabeth Arden “Pretty” Perfume: I found this perfume around two years ago.  I got it for Christmas one year, I wore it basically every day, and then I ran out.   I eventually got another bottle, and I’m still so in love with it.  This perfume is a light floral scent. It also lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear it.  It’s perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment