Monday, January 13, 2014

The Body Shop:

I heard about The Body Shop from a few youtubers that I watch, and their reviews on the products sparked my interest.  So, for Christmas, I decided to try some of their products for myself. While on their website, I really just wanted to try everything, but narrowed it down to Mango, Strawberry, Atlas Mountain Rose, and Vanilla.  Three shower gels and one lotion. 

Trying the show the shimmer


 I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the scents, especially the strawberry one, so I got the smallest bottles available. (Except for the vanilla lotion because they didn’t have a smaller bottle.)  Also, I kind of have a love for shimmer lotion.  And my conclusion is… I love them all, except the lotion.  To me the lotion smells like play dough.  I told my mom about it, and she told me that it sometimes happens with vanilla smelling products.  I think my favorite is the rose scent, but I might be a little bias to that, seeing how it’s one of my favorite scents. 
I also bought two candles.  I bought Aloe & Soft Linen and Jasmine & White Frangipani. I bought them because I had heard that they burn evenly, not just a narrow hole down the middle, and I decided to test that.  The other day, I burned the Jasmine & White Frangipani for around five hours, and for the length I was burning it for, it didn’t get too steep, but it was not evenly distributed.  Usually when I burn candles for that amount of time they end up having a lot less than this candle does.  Also, after the candle being blown out, and at least 12 hours has passed, my room still smells like the candle.  That amazes me.  

When I bought the products, they were having a 50% off special that day, and it seems like they are always having some kind of discount.   50% is the highest discount I have ever seen.  Eventually,  I plan on trying the peach and coconut shower gels.  Along with mango body mist, watermelon lip gloss, rose fragrance mist, and so much more.  I cannot wait to try the other scents. 
What is your favorite thing from The Body Shop?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment