Monday, January 27, 2014

My Favorite Books:


If you were to see me sitting alone in public without a computer, then there is a 98% chance that I have a book in my hand.  While I was in school, waiting between classes, I would read, but I didn’t actually start reading for fun until my senior year of High School.  

After I started reading for fun  I fell in love with almost every book I read. 

My very favorite book is Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I don’t really think I need to summarize this book.  I read Gone with the Wind over the summer going into my last year of college, so 2012.  I had one professor ask me if it were for a class or for fun, in which I replied “for fun.”  And he loved that.  (He was one of my favorites.)  Then I had a student ask me “Are you reading that?”  “Uhm…yeah…why?”  “Didn’t think you would.”  It amazed people that I was reading it.  I then was later discussing the book with a friend, and she was surprised that I “could actually finish a book of that size.” 
My second favorite book is The Last Victim by Jason Moss and Jeffery Kottler, PhD.  This book is not for the squeamish.  It’s a very dark disturbing book, but it was one that I couldn’t put down.  Jason is an 18 year old college student who writes letters to serial killers.  The book is mostly him and his letters with John Wayne Gacy, and how he deals with what is coming in, and how they manipulate each other.  I read this book very quickly, because of the fact that I couldn’t put it down.  The story is, to me, amazingly interesting. 
The third book in the line is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.  I read this book in the 8th grade because I had to, and I actually loved it.  I loved it so much that I got a friend to buy it for me.  Again, this is a book that I don’t think I need to summarize.  I love this book, and the meaning that it has.  And who wouldn’t want a greaser?  I’ve always thought about getting a tattoo from this book, but the very common one is so over used, so I’m still thinking about what I could do. 
The last book is a hit or miss.  Lucas by Kevin Brooks is about a small town girl, Cait, who doesn’t really have many friends and her family life isn’t the best. (Fathers an alcoholic, brother is away at college, mom is gone.)  Cait one day see a guy, Lucas, and can’t get him out of her mind.  They eventually meet, and a few things happen, and the townspeople (who didn’t like him before) turned against him.  It’s definitely a teenage book, but I’m a sucker for those. 
So, What’s your favorite book or book series?
I have a lot of books that I love, but these four are my absolutely favorite.  I will be posting about my books some more.  I haven’t decided on whether or not I’m going to include every book I own, but I do have a few planned out. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment