Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Recipe: Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips



Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables.  I usually just cook them in the oven with some olive oil, or sometimes I'll grill them, but when I saw this recipe I just had to try it!  I didn't know exactly what kind of grated Parmesan the recipe was actually calling for, because when I think of grated Parmesan I think of the powdered kind, but I think the recipe meant the shredded kind.  I used the powdered kind, and it turned out pretty well, just not like the pictures from Pinterest. (But lets be honest, do personal pictures ever actually look like they do on Pinterest??)  The person who made this recipe calls them chips, but I wouldn't.  They didn't crisp like a chip, and from how I interpreted the recipe they were supposed to be like chips.   

These were very tasty, and I plan on making them again, changing around the types of cheese I put on them.  If I like shredded better, I'll tweet about it! (Follow me here!

Ingredients: 
2 Medium Zucchinis 
1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese 
Garlic Salt 
Black Pepper 

Directions: 

Preheat your oven to 425F.  Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.  (Or you could use parchment paper.) 


Slice up your zucchini into 1/4 inch thick rounds.  Place them onto the cooking sheet in one layer, leaving no space between them.  


Sprinkle your slices with garlic salt,(I didn't have any so I made my own with 1 part garlic powder 2 parts salt.) and black pepper.


Next spread a thin layer of the Parmesan cheese on top of each slice.  I also added some three cheese shreds.


Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, watching carefully until they turn a light golden brown.  

Enjoy! 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment