Friday, September 11, 2015

Happy Friday!

Hello and Happy Friday! 

 Last week my update was just about my pets.  I didn't really want to talk about them, and then instantly go into something that is consider happy, so I left it there.  But there is so much going on.  Well, I consider it so much!  

I've recently been getting back into my French.  I took a break from Duolingo, and currently I am 11 days strong.  I decided at the very end of August that I was going to get things back on track in September.  Starting with waking up at 7am and going to bed around 10pm.  I don't always fall asleep at 10pm, but I am laying down, trying.  I try not to do anything with computers within the first hour of waking up, and within the last half hour of going to bed, but sometimes a Netflix show runs over.  No biggie, but I am always in bed by 10pm.  Nothing will mess with that.  Except for one week out of the month when I travel.

I've been back to a better diet plan also.  It's not perfect, and it's not close to how I want it, but when you're the only one in a house of three trying to get healthy, it's a struggle, not going to lie.  Eventually I plan on making my healthy meals ahead of time, but until I get there, I'm going to have a little hiccups along the way.  (Plus I'm a sucker for a good cookie!) 

Other than learning French, I've started getting back into reading music and playing the piano.  It's SO hard!  I played the clarinet back in middle school for three years, so I know the music knowledge is in my head somewhere, it just really does not want to come out.  But I'm trying and that's what counts right?  Haha.  I've always wanted to play the piano, ever since I was 13, and I know a few songs (the hardest being Fur Elise the easiest being Mary Had a Little Lamb), but my hand positions are awful.  I need to start being more strict on that part.  If a piano teacher saw me, they would smack my hands.  Yikes! I love it though.  I always love learning new things.  

I haven't been reading that much since I finished Harry Potter.  I've started two books, and one I really love, I just haven't felt like reading.  I think I'll get back to that soon, but I've read so many books this year compared to last year, that I'm okay with not reading that much right now.  

Part of my "getting back on track" plan is I've decided to have a pamper night.  To me that means a face mask, with a relaxing bath including candles, and a movie on Netflix.  So, I've been looking up a bunch of DIY face masks and other bath additions.  Future blog posts coming soon!  I don't really know what else to include into a Pamper night...I was thinking I could a mani-pedi, but I'm not very big on painting my nails...

What do you do for your pamper night??  Let me know!! 

xx

1 comment:


  1. I love this post, and I was absolutely thrilled to see the other links that you published that go along with this topic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to be a new follower. :)

    Count
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete