Friday, August 21, 2015

Book Review: Codename: Zosha




Image from Amazon.com

Almost a month ago, I received this ebook about a girl named Zosha who is trying to figure out how to become the person she wants to be without hurting others around her.  The author has the book set up going back and forth between the present and the past.  At first it was a little hard for me to get into, but once I did, I just couldn't stop! 

Codename: Zosha starts out when Zosha was a young Jewish girl in Poland. Her mother wasn't there, which put a lot of strain on her.  She had her best friend, and even had a boyfriend, and all three of them were apart of the same group who were trying to make things better for the Jewish community.  When she was old enough she traveled to Israel to help build a community.  While building that community, Zosha felt herself drifting.  She didn't agree with what (mostly) everyone was saying, and when she tried to show her point of views, they all shut her down.  All of them, except for one man.  Zosha moved on, she joined a communist movement and from there she was recruited into the Soviet Spy Network. 

Zosha was a very strong woman.  She spoke up when she needed to, and she did what she wanted.  It was hard for me to think of her as a fictional character.  

I always try to learn something from the books I read, and while reading this book, I learned a lot.  It is very obvious that the author took their time researching and it shows that she is very educated about the time period.  

I totally recommend this book! 
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment