Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Skinny Pizza Pasta Casserole:




This is another recipe I found on Pinterest.  I didn't use ground beef, I used a meatless version from morning star, but I think the recipe would have been better if I had used real meat.  The Morning Star crumbs didn't stay together, and it made the dish a little weird in texture. 
The dish is really good. A lot better than I expected it was going to be.  I tried whole wheat pasta a long time ago and didn't like it, but I really liked it in this dish.  This recipe serves eight, but either I want eating a full serving, or it made a lot more.  I will totally make this did again, so good and filling! 

Ingredients:
8oz Whole Wheat Pasta 
1lb Ground Beef, or a whole bag of Morning Star Crumbs.
1/2 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms 
1 Jar of Light Tomato Sauce 
1 cup Low-Moisture, Part Skim, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 
2 1/2 oz Turkey Sausage 

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cook pasta. 


While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet brown the ground beef  on medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Then drain the liquid and set the beef aside.  
(I sautéed the mushrooms first, then added the Morning Star Crumbs.)
Next sauté the mushrooms. After a few minutes, put the ground beef back into the skillet. 

 
Stir in the pasta sauce on top. 


After the sauce warms up, about a minute, add the pasta to the pan and mix. 


Next transfer the mix to a greased 9x13inch baking dish.


Sprinkle the cheese on top and place the turkey pepperoni on top. 
Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.  



Enjoy! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment