Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Recipe: Broccoli, Brie, and Walnut Rotini:




 I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I thought that I had found it under a low-calorie post, but it really wasn't (around 400).   I also didn't really like it.  My mom loved it.  It was also really easy to make.  I think I would have liked it a lot better without the walnuts and if I had used a different kind of cheese.  Normally I love Brie, as you can see in the picture above, it's already been snacked on (thanks to me.)  So I really don't know why I didn't love this dish, but it was a nice one pan recipe.
Let me know if you try it and what you think about it!

Ingredients:
4 oz Whole Wheat Rotini 
1 Medium head of Broccoli,  cut into florets 
2 oz Brie, cut into bite size chunks
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
1 oz Toasted Walnuts, chopped 

Directions:


Cook Pasta. While the pasta is cooking chop up the broccoli and brie.  Set aside.  
When the pasta is four minutes away from being completely cooked, add in the broccoli. 
Once the pasta and broccoli are fully cooked, drain the water.  Place the brie in a bowl, and top with the pasta.  Toss the ingredients around so that the brie starts to melt.  Drizzle 1 Tbsp of olive oil over each dish, tossing again so that it spreads evenly. 


Top each bowl with walnuts and serve! 

This recipe makes two dishes.  

Enjoy! 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment