Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hello December!


Can it already be December?!  I swear it just feels like a really cold June.  I have no idea where the year has gone, and I know that everyone says that, but I seriously have no clue.  I guess that's what happens when you have some "me" time.  (No school/working) 

I feel like I should explain a little bit before I start talking about Christmas and how much fun I hope I have in December, because if you're a regular reader then you would have noticed that I've been slacking in my posts.  I've skipped a few FOTD posts, I've skipped a few Update Mondays, and last week I just skipped everything.  This is a mixture of not really having any great ideas, to just not feeling well, to not feeling creative.  Anytime I really sat down to write, or to take pictures of anything, I've felt like they were just, to be honest, shit.  I'm going to try and be better in December, and in the new year I'm going to change a few things. 

Also, this post is three days late because my internet has been seriously messed up.  So messed up I've only had 3 hours a night for the past four days.  We finally got that fixed, and I'm now making up for the past few posts that I have missed. 

And next week everything will be back on track. 

Now, back to December.  I try really hard to love December.  But most of the time, it ends up just being like any other time of the year. My town isn't really a decorative town.  There are a few wreaths put up, but we don't have lights in the streets and we don't have a town Christmas tree. So, setting can't get me into the Christmas spirit.  I don't have a lot of money to be spending on peoples gifts, and I'm not really that creative to make them anything.  My sister makes our friends bracelets and bookmarks and anything else creative, and I'm just not like that.  Plus, I'm not really one to like to receive gifts.  I love getting things for myself, but when it comes from others I feel as if I can't appreciate it enough, if that makes sense.  I love snow, but I hate the cold. Plus where I live, snow isn't really a thing.  It snowed the other day, before Thanksgiving, which was a fluke.  It was also all melted by the next day. We get threats of snow, but nothing ever happens.  The last big snow storm was in 2010.  So really, we're due for one, but I'm not sure if that will happen.  What else is there about December...Oh I decorated my room last year, put up Christmas lights and other festive things, and it looked like a 2 year old did it.  I don't even think I have pictures because it was so bad.  I could try to decorate the whole house, like I did as a kid, but we have kittens who like to eat anything that can get their mouths on, so I don't think tinsel would be a good idea.  I also have a tiny Christmas tree that I'm going to put up again this year, but I'll probably lose half of my baubles.  (Kittens, man.)

I don't know.  Maybe Christmas just isn't really my cup of tea.

What's really great about December is the Christmas party with my friends, we barely get to see each other so that will be nice.

Also my cousins are coming down with their three kids, so that will be nice to see them Christmas day.  Hopefully everything is nice and fun and happy.  

Then it's the new year, and I'm excited for that, but seriously, where the hell did 2014 go? 

 Let me know in the comments about your Christmas spirit and if you know how I can kick my butt into loving every second! 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment