Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mixed Drink: Old Fashioned AND Btipsy Muddler Review!





I got this muddler in the mail a few weeks ago, and I have no idea why I have never owned a muddler before.  
A muddler is used to mash up berries, mint leaves, lemons, limes, and so much more.  
The first thing I made was an Old Fashioned.


Ingredients: 
1 sugar cube 
2-3 Dashes of Angostura Bitters 
2 Orange Slices 
3 oz Bourbon Whiskey 
Maraschino Cherry for Garnish 


Instructions:

 Place the sugar cube at the bottom of an old fashioned glass, and saturate the cube with bitters.


 Add one orange slice.


 Muddle these ingredients.

Fill the glass with ice cubes.
 Add the bourbon.
 Stir well.
Garnish with the cherry. (Optional)

This muddler does everything a muddler is supposed to do.  It's a very light weight sturdy bar tool.  Btipsy's muddler is made of stainless steel with a plastic bottom, which I'm assuming, is to protect your glass.  
I've never used another kind of muddler, so I really have nothing to compare it to, but this one works great.  I'm really excited to see what other drinks I can make now!  (Mostly excited for mojitos!)
  
As for the Btipsy company, man oh man are they great!  When I had questions they answered right away.  I've waited days before some have gotten back to me, but they are quick.  Also they did a few follow up emails with me just to make sure that I signed up for the 3 year warranty and to make sure that everything was to my satisfactory.  Which of course it was!  They were amazing, and I highly suggest the Btipsy company!

Have you ever had an Old Fashioned?  Let me know!
xx 




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment