Monday, October 20, 2014

Parties and Netflix:

It's  been so long since I've done a Monday update, that I don't even remember when the last one was.  So here is what I have been up to for the past three weeks!

On the 11th and 12th I spent time with my friends and my sister for her birthday.  I have a few picture from that night, but the only one I really want to post is a little lost at this moment.  (It's on a flash drive that I cannot find right now.)  But no worries, I think I'll do a random post on it because, to me, it's really cool.   

Later on during the week, on the 17th actually, I went into town and hung out at a place I used to hang out at a lot when I was 18/19.  It was fun.  I had to stay awake all day to socialize, so  because of that day, I have a really nice sleeping schedule that I really hope to keep longer than a month.  =) 

Other than that I've been on Netflix.  I've watched Carrie with Chloe Grace Moretz, I've watched Silver Linings Playbook, Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23, The Carrie Diaries, and Freaks and Geeks.  
The Carrie Diaries and Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 really made me want to live in a city.  I just really love night life to be honest.  Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'm a city girl.  I want to be so badly, but I don't think I'm tough enough.  I'm kind of wimpy.  Haha.  
I'm also kind of sad that they canceled The Carrie Diaries and Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23, because I really like them.  (I haven't gotten to see season two of The Carrie Diaries, Netflix gets it in a few days though!)  I wanted to watch The Carrie Diaries when it was live, but I think either something got in the way or I just couldn't remember because it was on a channel I didn't frequent.  I don't know.  But, so far, I love it.  Same goes with Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23, but I can also see why they canceled it.  But whatever, I can't change anything.  
Odd opinion though, I really liked Carrie.  I've seen the original, and the sequel, and now this one, but I've never read the book.  I'm not 100% sure why no one liked it.  I guess I really have to read the book to find out.  But, personally, without comparing the movies to each other, I think that the original and the remake were pretty good.  (Sequel not so much.)  
Now on to Freaks and Geeks!  I LOVE this show, and if it were live now, I think that it would have been more successful.  But, it came out in 1999, and you can't freeze actors.  (The show wouldn't be the same with a different cast.)  I find the show to be really funny, and actually relatable.  If only I were 22 in 1999! (Of course, I don't know what I would do if I were 37 right now!)   

Have you watched any of theses? Let me know!! 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment