Thursday, October 2, 2014

Favorite Words #1:

Hello Everyone!  Today is the start of my new 10 week series. 
For the past 10 weeks I've been giving you a few sentences of what I was currently up to, the weeks  before that I gave you 7 Things, and before that I gave you 10 things I wanted at that time. 
I'm not really sure when I decided to make it a 10 week series kind of thing, but it's whatever. 

Anyways, I've now decided to give you a few of my favorite words. Some of them will be in different languages and some will be in English.  Some will only be one word, and some will be multiples. 
I hope you enjoy! 

l'esprit de l'escalier
(n) lit. "The Spirit of the staircase"; the feeling you get after leaving a conversation, when you think of all the things you should have said. 

mamihlapinatapei
(n) The wordless, yet meaningful look shared by two people who both desire to initiate something but both are reluctant to start. 

komorebi
(n) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of trees.

I have found all of these words because of Tumblr.  The definitions, and the words, all came from the same post sourced to Buzzfeed

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment