Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hello July!


Summer around here is horrible.  It’s always humid, and always above 80.   It’s really not that bad when you think about places like Florida or Louisiana, but for me, I can’t handle it and I just never want to venture outside.  Also bugs.  I cannot stand bugs.  They freak me out and I find them gross, ick.  And it doesn’t matter their size, they can be as small as a pen tip and I’d still be disgusted.   So, I try to avoid everything in the summer time. 
At the end of the week is the 4th of July, aka Independence Day.  I’m not quite sure what I’m going to be doing; most likely nothing except for enjoying a few drinks.  It’s been a while since the last time I saw fireworks even worth mentioning.  I also live in a state where fireworks that go up really high into the air need like a certain permit or something.  All I know is that if you set them off in my neighborhood then you could get fined.   (I have a friend who used to live within city limits, and they couldn’t even set off fireworks.)  There is a place where EVERYONE goes to see fireworks, but I’m not really into paying for things that won’t be that enjoyable for me.  (Hot humid weather, bratty people, horses, bugs, the traffic getting out of there, so awful! )   And I’ve been there four to six times, everything is always the same. 
I remember a long time ago my mom, sister, and I went to my Aunt’s house for the 4th of July and they live within city limits so they had very limited fireworks and then sometime later we ended up going to the local high school and they had big flashy fireworks and I’m pretty sure that is where I saw for the first time fireworks that form a design.  It was a teddy bear.  I can’t remember how old I was, but my youngest cousin wasn’t even in high school then, and he’s four year older than me, I think.  So it was LONG ago.   

And that pretty much July for me.

I have a very special post coming out next Monday so be sure to look out for that.  Hope you’re having a lovely summer!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment