Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!


Today is Independence Day which means that there’s going to be lots of fireworks, BBQs, drinks, and socializing.  Well, that is if I were normal with normal friends.  There will be a BBQ and drinks but only with my mom and sister.  I don’t really know what my friends are doing, they might come over, they might not. All I know is that I find it too humid to go out.  I talked about that on Monday. 
So, as you know, on holidays I write about the history of the day and that is exactly what I’m going to do now, I’ll try and keep it short but sometimes that’s just impossible. 
Independence Day is always on the same day, July 4th.  Many celebrate with fireworks, cook outs, and drinking.  Today is a federal holiday, meaning that if your work for the government, you don’t have work.  The legal separation of the 13 colonies from the UK occurred on the 2nd in 1776.  The reason why we celebrate on the 4th is because that was when the Declaration of Independence was published and the public celebrated. 
Everyone celebrates in their own way, but most of the US population has a picnic goes buys fireworks, or goes to see fireworks, decorates everything in red, white, and blue, and has a few drinks. 
I don’t know about other states, but where I live there are a few rules for fireworks.  In residential areas you can’t have fireworks that go to high into the air.  Many don’t pay attention to these rules, and I’ve never heard of anything to crazy happening around here, but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.   Many travel to neighbor states to get fireworks that are not offered around here. 

I hope if you’re American, then your 4th of July is as fun and as firework filled as you wish, and if you’re not American, then I hope you don’t get too annoyed by our very patriotic attitudes.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment