Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hello April!

Today is the first of April, and if you're still in school then you know that today will be full of fun filled pranks.  (I say still in school, because I don’t know many pranks happening around work.)  April fool’s day is celebrated in many different countries all including pranks. Countries like Italy, France, and Belgium, pin a drawing of a fish on others backs.  The mention of April fool’s day can date back to the 1300s.  The only prank I can remember is when many girls in high school told their parents that they were pregnant.  I don’t know if their pranks ever worked, but the sure did like to talk about how funny it was going to be. 
Other than the pranks that go on today, it’s a new month.  This month has Easter and Earth day.  Which means there is going to be a meal with the family.  I think it’ll be at my Aunts, but she did the last holiday get-together so maybe it will be hosted at my home.  My other Aunts birthday is at the end of the month, I think it’s the 27th and also a little baby cousin has a birthday; I think that one is on the 30th.  We don’t tend to celebrate too many birthdays. 
One of my favorite TV shows starts on the same day as Easter, but luckily it’s a 10pm show, so I won’t miss it. 
Other than that, I don’t think I have much going on.  Without school during this time, it just feels odd.  I’m not cramming for any finals or staying awake until 7am to write a term paper.  It doesn’t feel right, but I guess that is because I’m still in school mode.  It’s weird not being in school, but in the next few years I’ll be complaining because I have a “term paper due at 2pm and it’s currently 7am.”  (Yes, I’ve done that.)  I’ve written my best papers at 7am, wish I could have been like that in high school, but in high school I was in school at that time. 

Anyways, I hope you have a great April, and I hope your Spring is more than two weeks like it is here.  
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment