Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Recipe: Candy Cane Mug Cake




While I was cleaning out my tumblr likes, I stumbled up a post that I forgot that I had liked, and since I’ve been doing a  lot of mug food, I figured that  I should try this out, and share it.  (Even though it’s not the festive season.)

What you need:
4 Tbsp Flour 
¼ tsp baking powder 
1 ½ tsp vegetable oil 
3 Tbsp fat-free milk 
2 tsp granulated sugar 
1/8 tsp Vanilla extract 
¼ tsp peppermint extract 
2-3 drops of red food coloring


Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together (except for the food coloring) until all of the lumps are gone.  Pour half of the mix into another bowl and add the food coloring to one bowl. 

Grease the mug so that the cake doesn’t stick to the sides and then layer in the cake mixes. 
Microwave for 1 minute or until fully cooked.  (Stick a fork in it, and if it comes out clear then it is done.)


I didn't wait for the cake to cool down fully, so the icing  melted a little bit.
The cake was a little, tough.  That’s not the right word but hard is too much.  So it was soft, but stiff.  That’s what I’m looking for, stiff.   So, I decided to whip up a frosting, nothing too special.  To make the frosting I just used equal parts butter and confectioner sugar.  
The mix was a little pasty looking, so next time I’m going to add in an egg to see if that will make the mix less of a paste like texture.  The microwave time will have to be a little longer, so maybe add on 30 to 45 seconds.
Maybe you could try it, and tell me if it made it any different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment