Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Food in a mug: Cheesecake

This week I'm going back to food in a mug and this week’s dish is Cheesecake. 


Ingredients:
2 oz of Cream Cheese
2 tbsp of Sour Cream
1 egg
½ tsp Lemon Juice
¼ tsp of Vanilla
2-4 tbsp of Sugar


Combine all of the ingredients together into a mug and put it in the microwave for 90 seconds pausing every 30 seconds to stir.  DO NOT exceed 90 seconds.  I made that mistake the first time making this, because the directions I had weren’t clear that it was supposed to still be a little soupy.  After the 90 seconds are up, then pop the mug into the fridge and wait until it gets solid.  


For me that took a day, but I also did it later in the evening, so I didn't check on it until the next day.  After the cheesecake is solid you can add whatever you want on top.  I didn't add anything because I didn’t have anything to add, but you can put strawberries or blueberries on top and then add some whipped cream. 


For me the dessert didn’t become as solid as regular cheesecake, but it tasted exactly the same.  When telling my mom about it, she told me that it might be because I used cream cheese out of the tub instead of the brick cream cheese that people usually use. 
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment