Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Food in a Mug: Chilaquilles

To keep my trend with my recipes going, this week’s food in mug (while technically in a bowl) is a delicious Mexican dish.  I did make a few personal preference changes, not adding salsa and using a Mexican blend of cheese instead of cheddar, and I used feta instead of queso fresco because I could not find that at my store. 


What you’ll need:
1 egg
1 tbs milk
Salt
Black Pepper
1 tbs sharp cheddar
5 tortilla chips, divided
1 tbs salsa
Sour Cream
Queso Fresco 


First you beat the egg & milk together.  Add the salt, black pepper, cheese, then stir.  Add the divided chips and salsa on top and then pop it into the microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds.  


Top with sour cream, more chips, and queso fresco.  Then Enjoy.  

If I were you, I would definitely keep the salsa in.  It was still good without it, but I feel like the dish was not complete.  I do plan on finding a small jar of salsa, and everything else that I changed, just to make it 100% authentic.  

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment