Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Food in a Mug: French Toast

A little while ago, I stumbled across a post on tumblr that directed you to a site that had 16 microwaveable snack ideas that you could make in a mug.  I jotted down nine of the recipes that I knew that I would make and the first one that I tried was French Toast in a mug. 
What you’ll need:
A mug
1 Egg
Butter
1 or 2 slices of Bread
3 Tbs Milk
Cinnamon
1 drop of Vanilla Extract (Optional)
Syrup
Mix together the milk, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Butter the sides of the mug. Cube the bread (making sure the pieces aren’t too small, it’s better to have thicker bread) and put them into the mug.
 Pour the liquid on top and let it absorb into the bread. 
Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds (or until there is no more liquid). 
Add syrup and then enjoy. 

Mine sunk down, but I think that is because my bread was too small. But it was still delicious. 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment