Thursday, December 19, 2013

Life:

In a previous post I have talked about my sleeping issues (find that here) and currently I am on such a messed up schedule.  So, I really haven’t been able to do much, not that I really do much in the first place.  But, I’m not here to talk about my sleep patterns.  Not again.   Currently I’m just going to free write.  About me, and what I’ve been doing. 
Recently I started and finished The Vampire Diaries, well I guess I should say I caught up because season five hasn’t ended yet, and I love it.  I didn’t really know about it when it first came out, and to be honest I wasn’t interested.  Then I got onto Tumblr and I was seeing all of these gif and photo sets, and it intrigued me, but not enough to really sit down and watch the show on TV.  Then one day I was on Netflix, and I was browsing what to watch and I almost clicked on TVD, but Hemlock Grove took its place, and after that Skins.  Being that person that I am (and like many others) the TV show consumed my life for a little bit, and I watched everything all at once and instantly one right after the other and it took a toll on my brain.  So I took a break.  I went back to watch the final Skins, but I didn’t go looking for anything more to start.  But I got bored, and so I started TVD, and I’m glad that I did. 
Truthfully, I didn’t fall in love at first.  I felt like I had heard the story before, and I liked it, but it felt repetitive.  (I haven’t read the books, and I know nothing about the books, but I have read Twilight.  But, once you get into it it’s not the same.)  As the story progressed, I started liking it more and more, and now I love it.  I’m actually quite glad that I started watching when I could consecutively watch the series, because there were episodes that had me bawling, and if I had to wait a week in between, I don’t think the episodes would have hit me the way that they did.  I could keep crying, and I liked that.  But now I have to wait for it to come back, I just hope it doesn’t conflict with anything else that I watch. 
Besides for TVD, I’ve recently become obsessed with a few different songs.  The first being “Say Something” covered by Travis Clark from We the Kings, originally by A Great Big World.  Then this one I discovered just yesterday because of a vlog by Joe Sugg, and it’s “Stay High” by Hippie Sabotage, which you can download here.  And last but not least is a cover of “O Come O Come Emmanuel” by Josh Record; you can listen to that song here.  His voice is amazing, and I highly recommend him. 
I also started reading “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini a few weeks ago.  I haven’t gotten very far in, but I do like the story so far.  I’ve just been so distracted, I haven’t wanted to read. 
And with Christmas around the corner I started fantasy shopping.  I’ve been thinking about getting a few things from The Body Shop, but I don’t know much about their products, and how nice they smell.  I was thinking about going to the store to see if I could find a small variety, but, again, I’ve been distracted.  But it’s okay, it’s not like the store is going anywhere, and neither is the Christmas money I’m being blessed with.  I’ve also been looking at Estee Lauder, Murad, and Nars.  My Christmas will be filled with beauty products, so watch out for those posts. 
Other than the reading, that is what I have been doing the past couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment